Shuffling on

I've got a handful of climbing experiences where I've both taken photographs and maintained some memories or ideas about what took place. And when I'm going to climb a route I quite like reading other people's reports of how they found it – I don't just mean the single-sentence 'notes' on their logbooks on UKClimbing. I like to dig out blogposts where people have written a bit more or at greater length about several of the things involved in a climb (route finding, the walk-in, that kind of thing), and where they've reflected a bit on the overall experience. Blogging's not dead, even if the joined-up community of bloggers has suffered because of the f*c*book monopoly, where the idea of digitally connecting people has been usurped by an expansionist agenda to make everybody's online lives into a continuous source of advertising revenue and surveillance.

Comments

Popular Posts